Eyelash Extensions Pros & Cons – Will they be Right for You?
Eyelash extensions may be an attractive, albeit high priced, solution to strengthen your normal lashes without makeup or strip untrue lashes. These independently applied eyelashes can look surprisingly normal! With the exception of the expense while the appointment time, this means getting up each morning looking fabulous.
Other versus doctor-prescribed Latisse®, many cosmetic items saying to cultivate lashes don’t work. And though you can find great mascaras, they rarely, if, perform like the advertisements state they are going to (simply look slightly closer, the women in almost every mascara ad have untrue lashes on!).
Paula became fascinated when she saw a buddy of hers wearing these extensions, and had to use it for by herself. We give an explanation for pros and cons she experienced to choose for yourself if lash extensions are for you.
What are Lash Extensions?
Lash extensions are independently applied synthetic or natural tresses fibers connected to the base of each and every eyelash with surgical glue. Each phony lash is used one after another (it’s a painstaking, time intensive process) to your own lashes.
If you are extremely, cautious in the method that you look after your eye area after having lash extensions used, but touchups every 2 to 3 months, your lash extensions can take up pretty well. But straying from the recommendations causes a mess, because of the lashes stopping earlier than they might have otherwise.
Subsequent appointments after your preliminary application is required for maintenance. How frequently you may need a “fill” is dependent upon a all-natural eyelash growth cycle and on how well you take care of your eyelashes. Taking care of your lash extensions is a big deal!
Before You Book Your Lash Extension Appointment
If you choose to give this a go (while the outcome is gorgeous), you ought to follow these recommendations to make certain your knowledge goes since effortlessly possible:
Research your lash professional. It’s most readily useful should your lash technician is expertly licensed and trained in a recognised method of application. Don’t be ashamed to ask about qualifications; best people will be happy to exhibit you their work!
Select your thing very carefully, simply the means you decide on a hairstyle by taking a look at images. Many lash professionals will stroll you through this. There’s a fine range between gorgeous, fluttery lashes and spidery, clearly fake-looking eyelashes.
Understand you can find possible dangers while they’re uncommon. The most common grievances about lash extensions are allergies to the glue, eye infections from experience of unsanitary resources, or an infected follicle from two lashes becoming glued together, and/or through the glue it self blocking a hair follicle.
Understand the procedure. Applying the full group of brand-new lashes takes from 90 to 180 minutes. Depending on the look you need to achieve, between 60–120 specific lashes will undoubtedly be put on each eye. To prepare a person’s eye area for extensions, your lash professional must be taping your reduced eyelashes down seriously to the skin, and putting hydrating eye pads at the top. This is done to stop the glue from getting on the lower element of your eye as eyelashes are applied.
Eyelash Extensions Pros and Cons
As with any beauty therapy, you will find benefits and drawbacks to think about before carefully deciding if it’s right for you. With lash extensions, the advantages and disadvantages are very nearly similarly weighted, if you’ll seldom hear the disadvantage in a salon that provides this service! Here’s what you should know to help make an educated decision:
They appear fabulous. Much more remarkable than mascara, however a lot more all-natural than a strip of (or individual) untrue lashes, lash extensions are simply just stunning whenever done correctly.
They’re instantly gratifying. Lash extensions provide the gorgeous eyelashes you would like with one visit, while won’t have to bother applying and eliminating mascara everyday, or bother about makeup flaking, operating, or smearing.
They may be able help save you time. Some individuals say that because lash extensions look just as good in the event that you aren’t putting on makeup products, you can easily forego this time-consuming step-in the morning. We’re not persuaded about this while you still need to discover the time two times a month to get the extensions filled in, so it just about evens out.
They may be able last for months and beyond!
Typically, lash extensions remain looking good for just two to 3 weeks, but beyond that, them all will slowly fall-out by themselves. But with regular fills, your overall lash extensions will last indefinitely.
They’re high priced. Expect to spend anywhere from $150 to $500 (yes, that much) for the very first complete group of eyelashes. From there, refills (typically required every 2–3 months) cost $50–$100 per see. If you do the math, that’s anywhere from $1000 to $2500 annually spent on lashes!
They’re high upkeep. Your eyelashes needs extra focus on look good between fills because preserving these pricey improvements to your eyes must be the objective.
- Don’t use oil-based cleansers and makeup products removers because they result in the glue to break down.
- Avoid making use of mascara over all of them because the removal of it may snag the extensions, causing them to-fall completely prematurely.
- You should be careful when washing your eye location as any movement of eyelashes increase the lash receding or getting turned around.
- Do not allow water through the shower autumn entirely on your face because the force could make the lash expansion loosen and shed faster.
- Do perhaps not rub see your face with a towel or hit the face too hard in to the pillow once you sleep.
- Use a dry mascara wand (your lash technician offers one) at least once just about every day in the morning or many times throughout the day, as required, to brush using your eyelashes and gently straighten all of them on, especially if they have wet. Careful! In the event that you tug to a lot they’ll loosen and fallout. The extensions quickly get turned around from sleeping jobs and after cleansing see your face and they may start looking really odd.
- Be cautious how you use makeup. Avoid oil-based healthy skin care products across the eyes also greasy eye pencils and concealers as they will breakdown the eyelash glue. Additionally stay away from applying hefty eyeliner as getting rid of it tugs within eyelashes, resulting in more fallout. Utilize a cotton swab dipped in makeup cleaner to remove makeup products at your lash range.
- The more dramatic the lash, meaning thicker, the much more likely it really is to obtain twisted and fall-out prior to when you desire.
Eyelash Extensions Before and After
Lash extensions is worth the income, nonetheless they’re not really for everyone. It truly comes down to your spending plan, time allotment, and compliance aided by the guidelines since these aren’t simple to maintain. Following our advice may help enhance your odds of getting great outcomes.